Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Steal! Honeybee Gardens Natural Mascara

Every Saturday I post a natural beauty product I've discovered that costs under 10$! Yes it's possible to go natural while on a budget.
Mascara. Any natural lady (or gent who is so inclined) knows mascara is one of the trickier products to switch over. But most mainstream brands contain toxic ingredients- who wants that on our pretty peepers?

I was using Physician's Formula Organic Wear for a while, and while it's cleaner than most mainstream brands, it still has a few nasties in there. After some reading I tried Lavera Volume (21$) which wasn't great, then Zuzu Luxe (16.70$) which was a bit better but still wasn't doing the trick.

On a whim I picked up Honeybee Gardens mascara (10$) at a nearby store. I didn't expect much after the previous mascara disappointments, but I've been pleasantly surprised. While the volume isn't a dream, the hold and lengthening aspects are really good. It never smudges either. I find it works better (and is more affordable) than any other natural mascara I've tried.

I'm still curious to try other options, but in the meantime this is definitely a good bet. To see this mascara on my eyes, go here.

Now I want to hear from you: Is your mascara natural or mainstream? What have been your hits and misses along the way in finding a good safe mascara?

Be good, stay fabulous-
Michele

*I purchased this item as a regular consumer. I'm not affiliated with this product nor do I receive compensation for recommending it.

4 comments:

  1. Reviva Labs is the absolute best natural one I've tried. And it's usually less than $6! Many websites list that it has parabens in the ingredients, but this has been taken out. I also layer it with the Organic Wear jumbo mascara, which has a fantastic wand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome tip, thanks! I've heard of that brand. Love the price tag too.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is my area!!! I know know! Organic Glam from The Organic Pharmacy or Terre d'oc are, hands down the best ones on the planet if you are a mascara fiend like me. NatureGirlz has a good one for very cheap on Etsy and it's good but very natural which is my only complaint. The other two are not cheap but they last and they are SO very worth it.... Mascara and lipstick (well, pretty much everything on your skin honestly) are the two biggies because you eat lipstick and mascara flakes off in your eyes all day.... Thanks for the review. I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I will go check those out too. I've been using HBG mascara for some time and I still really like it. It doesn't give massive volume but it's a solid choice for a good price. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete