Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday Steal! Dr Bronners Soap


Every Saturday I post a natural beauty product I've discovered that costs under 10$! Yes it's possible to go natural while on a budget.

Even if you're new to natural, you'll probably recognize the packaging with a million words on it... it's Dr Bronners! Dr Bronners is a pioneer of natural products and the company continues to fight for transparency when it comes to the labeling of organic products and genetically modified food.

I always have Dr  Bronners bar soap in my shower. I prefer the unscented option because I like bar soap to be as simple as possible. The price is usually about 4.50$ and you can find this at most health food stores, as well as more sophisticated grocery stores. You can use it on your face, your body and probably to wash your dog, etc.

INGREDIENTS:
Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Palm Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide**, Water, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol 
* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS 
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin


Be good, stay fabulous-
Michele

*I purchased this item as a regular consumer. I'm not affiliated with this product nor do I receive compensation for recommending it.

6 comments:

  1. I like Dr Bronner's liquid soap, but I've never tried their bar soap. And, yup, I've even used the liquid one to wash the dog, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! It's probably better for your dog than most commercial dog shampoos anyway.

      Delete
  2. Hi Michele! Thanks for sharing this product. I have heard of Dr. Bronner's, but I'm not sure if my local stores carry it. I'll have to definitely check into it! :)

    Thanks again for visiting my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most health food stores carry it, and even some natural sections in grocery stores, etc. If not, you can also order from their website.

      Delete
  3. P.S. - I'd love to follow you on Google Friend Connect, but I can't find the widget on your page! Am I missing something? Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, no I'm only on Twitter so far and I'm having issues figuring out how to make widgets show up on Blogger... I'm switching to Wordpress soon so after that I'll likely branch out to Facebook, and maybe even GFC! Thanks for reading, best- Michele

    ReplyDelete