Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Steal! Alaffia Shower Gel

Every Saturday I post a natural beauty product I've discovered that costs under 10$! Yes it's possible to go natural while on a budget.
 
  Alaffia is a company you can feel good spending your money on. Aside from having clean (no pun intended) ingredients, this company is also fair trade. They support community empowerment  projects in West African communities while putting focus on gender equality

The Authentic African Black Soap in tangerine-citrus scent can be used as a body wash, facial cleanser, shaving soap or shampoo, although I've only used it as a body wash so far. The citrus scent is quite citrus-y, but natural and pleasant smelling. It has a fairly creamy texture and is moisturizing. At around 8$ for a 16oz (475ml) bottle, it's very affordable. It's available at Whole Foods, many health food stores and online.

What is African black soap you may ask? To learn more about it, click here.

Ingredients: African mint (ocimum canum) extract (aqueous), African black soap (saponified shea butter* [butyrospermum parkii] and palm kernel oil [elaeis guineensis]), lauryl glucoside, tangerine essential oil, orange essential oil, lemongrass essential oil, litsea essential oil.
*Certified Fair for Life - Social and Fair Trade by IMO.

Be good, stay fabulous-
Michele

*I purchased this item as a regular consumer. I'm not affiliated with this product nor do I receive compensation for recommending it.
**Photo used with permission from Alaffia.com.

2 comments:

  1. I am completely OBSESSED with this soap! I have been using it for about 2 weeks as my facewash/makeup remover (now has replaced my Purity by Philosophy facewash), as my shower gel, AND as my shampoo! I can't use anything else - it's a miracle product!

    PS - Love your blog, just subscribed! - Marina
    http://smyres.blogspot.com

    (I am about to start a blog chronicle-ing my venture into transitioning to all eco-friendly products too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've started using it as face wash too, it's a great bargain compared to many other options. I just checked out your blog, looks yummy! I see you're a food-lover like me.

    Good luck with transitioning to eco-friendly and stay in touch; I've been at it about 4-5 months so I'm still green (pun intended) but I'll help if I can.
    Best,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete