Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Honeybee Gardens Lipstick: Review + Swatches

Honeybee Gardens is having a 15% sale on lip products until Thursday, July 19, 2012. Use code LIP15 at checkout. 

I discovered Honeybee Gardens lipstick early on in my quest towards natural beauty products and it's likely my favorite natural lipstick out there. The colors are saturated, the formula is moisturizing and all this for under 12$! You can also find their products for cheaper on sites like LuckyVitamin and Vitacost.

This company offers affordable samples of most products on their website (lipstick samples are 0.50$). If you spend less than 5$, shipping is only 2.95$. They have regular sales and promotions, which keeps the buying experience fresh and fun. Plus, they're an official 'Cosmetics Champion' through the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. Need I say more?

My only criticism is the color swatch images on their website; some of them are not very clear. I think it would be wise for them to revamp this.

Now on to the fun stuff; swatches! I've ordered many samples and have several colors on my wishlist, some of which I'll buy during this sale.
Shimmery, L to R: Caliente, Camelot, Cherokee
I love Caliente and will likely purchase it during this sale.

Shimmery, L to R: San Francisco, Dream, Paradise, Tuscany
Dream is very pretty although on me it's a bit pale and doesn't show up much. If you're fair, Dream would be lovely. If you have medium-toned skin I would recommend San Francisco or Paradise for a shimmery neutral. They're similar except that SanFran is a slightly cooler tone. I own Paradise and Tuscany. Tuscany is a shimmery grape-ish rose. I would consider it a bold neutral; you could wear any color clothing with it, but it does show more than the others.

Matte, L to R: Soft Kiss, Desire, Romance
With Soft Kiss I'm not 100% certain this is the correct name; I ordered the sample of Valentine but got this instead, labeled Soft Kiss. I didn't bother contacting them about it so I'd order the sample on this one. I own Desire and I love it; it's a wearable, warm red, great for my skin tone (medium olive/beige). Romance is very complimenting too, a softer red with a slightly coral hue.

So that's it guys; I hope you give their lipsticks a try if you haven't already- I'm sure you'll become a convert. If you still haven't found your natural deodorant yet, I recommend trying theirs- I swear by it. As always let me know how it all goes, and have fun.

Be good, stay fabulous,
Michele

Honeybee Gardens on Facebook and Twitter (they're more active on Facebook)

*Please note - (despite my gushing) I am just a regular consumer and in no way affiliated to any of the products or websites mentioned.
 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for the swatches! I need to order a few of these colours :) I agree, the website swatches aren't that great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have new colors too! The good thing is they have inexpensive samples so it's easy to try out different colors.

      Delete