Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday Steal! Oil As Makeup Remover

Every Saturday I post a natural beauty product I've discovered that costs under 10$! Yes it's possible to go natural while on a budget.

My makeup remover was one of the last things I switched over to natural. It was labeled hypo-allergenic! It came in a simple white box! Doesn't that mean it's safe? (hint: no). When I actually read the ingredients I was shocked at how bad they were.

Then I read a post about using oil as a makeup remover. I tried it once and have never gone back. I'm presently using jojoba oil, but my favorite is grapeseed oil because it's affordable and has a nice, light quality to it. You can use grapeseed, jojoba, almond, olive, whatever's your fancy. Argan may be a little expensive for this purpose, but go for it if you like.

If you have oily skin like me, you may be hesitant to try using oils as a moisturizer like some people suggest. After I use the oil to wipe makeup off my face and eyes, I let it sit and absorb a little while I brush my teeth. Then I wash it off with a gentle cleanser.

Fun tip: try mixing oil with a gentle liquid soap to clean your concealer and lip brushes- works like a charm!

Most oils I've seen run about 7$-8$ a bottle. If you go organic, it can be more, but they're still about half the price of my old, icky makeup remover. And twice as nice.

No comments: