Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Steal! Honeybee Gardens Natural Deodorant

Every Saturday I post a natural beauty product I've discovered that costs under 10$! Yes it's possible to go natural while on a budget.

Deodorant is often the final frontier when going natural. Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard for me. Turns out, after 23 years of wearing anti-perspirant, I don't actually smell that bad! I tried many different natural deodorants and yes, by the end of the day if I stuck my nose in my armpits (superstar!), there was a faint odor. It didn't bother me that much and my boyfriend is contractually obligated to love me no matter what. But then I found my fave, and I'm never turning back...

Let me say that finding your natural deodorant is a personal quest based on your body chemistry, so keep trying until you find your one true deo love. Tip: buy travel/trial sizes to start.
L to R: Alba Botanica, Aubrey, Crystal, LaVanila
Here are all the ones I tried prior to finding 'the one'. They all worked pretty well- about the same. The only one I didn't like was the Alba Botanica because I found it left a slimy film, but I've heard others love it. The Aubrey worked okay but the alcohol stung a little when sprayed right after shaving. I've since read the Crystal is not as safe as I thought; to read this article by Robin on Toxic Beauty blog, click here.



Then I discovered Honeybee Gardens Deodorant Powder. This stuff is the s#*t. Not only do I not smell, I don't seem to sweat much either. For the price (6.99$), you really can't go wrong. You can also buy it even cheaper here or here.

P.S. Everyone raves about the Soapwalla Deodorant - I haven't tried it but you may want to check that out too.


Be good and stay fabulous,
Michele

*Please note: I am just a regular consumer and in no way affiliated to these products.

No comments: