Hi! Thanks for visiting. Make yourself at home, look around... but my new digs are way swankier. Check it out here: Makeup Detox.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ecology Beauty: A Natural Beauty Store near Detroit

On my birthday my boyfriend asked me what I wanted to do and I had no trouble deciding: I wanted to make the 45-minute drive to Birmingham, Michigan to visit a store I'd discovered online - Ecology Beauty. As those of us who are making the switch to natural beauty products know, almost all the sampling and purchasing of these products is done online. This is an arduous process and a lot of hassle to purchase a lipstick!

So you can imagine my delight when I discovered this store was nearby. They carry the brands I covet; 100% Pure, Alima, Nvey Eco, Primitive, Vapour and Pangea Organics to mention a few. On our way over I was excited and weirdly nervous. After a quick lunch we headed into the store and it was a lovely experience. Ecology Beauty has the chic feel of an upscale boutique while still being very relaxed and welcoming. Marla, one of the store owners was helpful and friendly. It was so nice to actually be able to talk with someone about the products and get suggestions for my skin type and particular concerns.

Marla is a perfect advertisement for her store; stylish, put-together and her makeup was enviable! If you saw her anywhere you would never guess she was 'all-natural', which I think is their philosophy; that you can be natural and safe without sacrificing glamour (it's my philosophy too).

I made a mini-haul of two Alima eyeshadows and a SpaRitual nail polish. Marla gave me some samples of Pangea Organics skincare and I look forward to trying this brand in the future. My boyfriend picked up some John Masters hair pomade.
I have much respect for these ladies and for anyone who takes the risk to start their own business based on their convictions. I'm sure it's not an easy plunge to take. A store like this has to not only sell products but also educate, which is not always a simple task.

If you get the chance to visit Ecology Beauty I recommend it. Birmingham is an upscale little town with fun shops and nice restaurants. Check out their website, Like them on Facebook and support a couple of gals who took the chance to go green with style!

Thanks for reading-
Be good and stay fabulous,
Michele

*A special thank you to my boyfriend Gabe Bolkosky who shot and created the video. The soundtrack is him playing violin! Original music by Norah Jones.
*Also thank you to Marla for taking the time to chat with us.
*To see if there's a natural beauty store near you, check out 'Find a Store' on the Kind Eye website.

Please note - I am just a regular consumer and in no way affiliated to this store or these products. I received no form of compensation for recommendations I made.

2 comments:

  1. I've awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award & One Lovely Blog Award! Enjoy :) <3 http://mothernaturessnuggery.com/2012/06/24/blog-awards-tags/#more-1573

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice! Thank you so much. I will be sure to check it out and write my own post to 'share the love'.

    ReplyDelete